UEFA contact ticket holders after Euro 2020 postponed due to coronavirus
UEFA has clarified the situation for current Euro 2020 ticket holders after it announced the suspension of Euro 2020.
UEFA has made contact with ticket holders to clarify the situation regarding their tickets following Tuesday’s expected announcement that Euro 2020 would be postponed until 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The measure to postpone the competition for one year has been put in place to allow adequate time for suspended leagues across Europe to conclude their seasons in June. After a meeting with all 55 member federations on Tuesday, it was agreed that all European leagues would work to complete their respective calendars by June 30.
Although Spanish federation president Luis Rubiales, who is also vice-president of UEFA, said he could not guarantee that LaLiga could be concluded by June 30, “as others have risked saying”.
Following the announcement that Euro 2020 would be suspended and instead played between 11 June and 11 July in 2021, UEFA moved quickly to contact nervous ticket holders regarding the validity of their tickets.
UEFA emails Euro 2020 ticketholders
In an email sent to the dozens of thousands of ticket holders that bought their spots for this summer’s competition, which was scheduled to be hosted by multiple countries for the first time, UEFA ensured that their tickets would still be valid for the 2021 competition. However, if ticket holders cannot attend in 2021, they will be entitled to a full refund.
UEFA added that more information regarding the refund application process would be transmitted at a later date, both through email and its website.
UEFA’s decision to postpone comes as CONMEBOL also confirmed that Copa América would be pushed pack until 2021 due to the coronavirus outbreak, during which there have so far been over 190,000 cases and 7,950 death registered around the world.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx