Espanyol confirm six players and staff have coronavirus
Espanyol have reported this Tuesday that six members of the first team squad and coaching staff have tested positive for coronavirus.
Espanyol confirmed on Tuesday night that six players and staff have tested positive COVID-19 amid the worsening coronavirus crisis in Spain that has put the country on lockdown.
"This afternoon it was confirmed that 6 members from the first squad and the coaching staff of RCD Espanyol of Barcelona have tested positive in COVID-19 tests carried out in the last few hours,” the club said in a statement.
“All are found to have mild symptoms and are complying with medical recommendations.”
Espanyol did not give the names of the six infected players and staff, who will now have gone into quarentine for the recommended 14-day period.
COMUNICAT OFICIAL | Detectats 6 casos de COVID-19 al RCD Espanyol de Barcelona: https://t.co/jxtE8s75uc— RCD Espanyol de Barcelona (@RCDEspanyol) March 17, 2020
COMUNICADO OFICIAL | Detectados 6 casos de COVID-19 en el RCD Espanyol de Barcelona: https://t.co/C4wfhrMg64#Volem | #EspanyoldeBarcelona | #RCDE pic.twitter.com/bD3VA1mMav
Espanyol joins Valencia
Espanyol becomes the second LaLiga club to confirm that players had tested positive for coronavirus, after Valencia announced on Sunday that five of its first team squad had contracted COVID-19.
LaLiga is currently suspended as Spain has become one of the worst affected countries by coronavirus, with 11,748 confirmed cases and 533 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- METEOR SHOWER Perseid Meteor Shower: watch and follow live online
- Coronavirus India posts record single-day recoveries since the pandemic started
- US ELECTION Did Kamala Harris call Joe Biden racist as Trump campaign claims?
- BARCELONA Griezmann confident Barcelona will reach Champions League final
- PSG Neymar and Mbappé will stay at PSG, Al-Khelaifi confirms