Espanyol confirm six players and staff have coronavirus
Espanyol have reported this Tuesday that six members of the first team squad and coaching staff have tested positive for coronavirus.
Espanyol confirmed on Tuesday night that six players and staff have tested positive COVID-19 amid the worsening coronavirus crisis in Spain that has put the country on lockdown.
"This afternoon it was confirmed that 6 members from the first squad and the coaching staff of RCD Espanyol of Barcelona have tested positive in COVID-19 tests carried out in the last few hours,” the club said in a statement.
“All are found to have mild symptoms and are complying with medical recommendations.”
Espanyol did not give the names of the six infected players and staff, who will now have gone into quarentine for the recommended 14-day period.
COMUNICAT OFICIAL | Detectats 6 casos de COVID-19 al RCD Espanyol de Barcelona: https://t.co/jxtE8s75uc— RCD Espanyol de Barcelona (@RCDEspanyol) March 17, 2020
COMUNICADO OFICIAL | Detectados 6 casos de COVID-19 en el RCD Espanyol de Barcelona: https://t.co/C4wfhrMg64#Volem | #EspanyoldeBarcelona | #RCDE pic.twitter.com/bD3VA1mMav
Espanyol joins Valencia
Espanyol becomes the second LaLiga club to confirm that players had tested positive for coronavirus, after Valencia announced on Sunday that five of its first team squad had contracted COVID-19.
LaLiga is currently suspended as Spain has become one of the worst affected countries by coronavirus, with 11,748 confirmed cases and 533 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION Voting in the NYC mayoral primary: who are the candidates?
- COVID-19 ECONOMIC RELIEF Will there be a second Golden State stimulus check in California?
- CORONAVIRUS US California digital vaccine card: how to get it
- 2021 ADVANCE CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: which families might need to opt out?
- BOXING What is Tyson Fury's boxing record?
- BOXING Who won the first and second Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fights?