Higuera laments not hiring Siboldi while at Chivas
Former Chivas boss José Luis Higuera revealed in an interview that during his time in Guadalajara he interviewed Siboldi for the manager's job.
Robert Dante Siboldi has already won the domestic title with Santos Laguna and now he could get his second championship, but this time with Cruz Azul due to the fantastic season they are having this Clausura 2020.
Cruz Azul have won 22 out of 25 points and were at the top of the table after 10 games before the tournament got postponed due to the coronavirus. During an interview with ESPN, former Chivas boss José Luis Higuera confirmed that he sat down with the Uruguayan manager to take on the job in Guadalajara.
“We spoke several times in my time at Chivas and I always thought he was a great coach. It was a mistake from everyone at the time not to hire him because we decided the timing was not right and now that I look back at it, I think it was a mistake. He should’ve coached Chivas,” said Higuera.
It is true that Siboldi hasn't been working in Mexico for long, but in the Clausura 2018 he won the title with Santos Laguna and then he had a rough time coaching Veracruz. Now he is with Cruz Azul and he is doing a wonderful job because they haven’t lost since week two.
Higuera recognised the great job Siboldi and Jaime Ordiales are doing in Cruz Azul this term, commenting: “I think they have a perfect understanding and a clear goal of what they both want for the team. That brings tranquility to Cruz Azul and lets them focus only on soccer and winning games."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests