Ex-Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz in intensive care with coronavirus
The 76-year-old Spanish businessman was taken to hospital with fever and with breathing difficulties. Pending tests, it appears he has the Covid-19 virus.
Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz has been admitted to intensive care where his condition is believed to be serious due to complications caused presumably by the coronavirus Covid-19. Pending tests, it appears that the 76-year-old is infected with the virus. Sanz was president at Real Madrid between 1995 and 2000. He was admitted to the Fundación Jiménez Díaz in Madrid on Tuesday following several days with a fever.
During his time as president, Lorenzo Sanz's Real Madrid won the club's seventh Champions League in 1998, their first European crown in 32 years,and repeated the feat two years later in 2000. During his tenure, Madrid also lifted the Intercontinental Cup in 1998 and won the league and Spanish Super Cup in 1997.
Fernando Sanz: "My father has had a fever for the last eight day"
His son Fernando Sanz explained the situation to Cadena SER radio programme, El Larguero. "My father has had a fever for the last eight days. He wasn't every well last night and we found out that he has been taken to hospital with oxygen deficiency. He has been tested for coronavirus but we haven't heard any more details, but it looks pretty clear... We have a gut feeling about it and seeing as he is in the risk age, 76 and diabetic. He didn't want to trouble the hospital as they are unready snowed under so he decided to hang on and hope h felt better. I would like to thank all of the medical staff, we have a wonderful health service," Fernando Sanz said.
Otro de los hijos de Lorenzo Sanz, con el mismo nombre que su padre, utilizó Twitter para agradecer las muestras de cariño recibidas tras hacerse público el ingreso de su progenitor. "Abrumado por las muestras de cariño que estáis mandando todos. Estoy seguro que mi padre va a salir de esta. Gracias otra vez a todos", dijo en la red social.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment