Sporting Clube player offers to do shopping for those in quarantine for coronavirus
Francisco Geraldes sent out a message on Instagram offering to shop for essentials for those who are unable to leave their homes due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Francisco Geraldes has shown that it is during difficult times like the one the world is facing right now with the coronavirus epidemic, that we should support and help each other however we can. The Sporting Clube de Portugal midfielder has offered to do shopping runs for those who are unable to leave their houses after Portugal declared the country was in a state of alarm from 13 March until further notice.
"For anyone who has or knows people who are having difficulties getting to the shops or the chemists, Diogo Faro and myself are able to go for them. We will do it taking all of the precautionary and safety measures required," Geraldes offered, adding that the service would only be able in zones where he and his friend, the comedian Diego Faro, can access on foot.
Portugal declared a state of alarm five days ago when the country had just 78 registered cases of coronavirus but no deaths. Now, Spain's neighbours are reaching the peak of infected cases, with 448 new cases confirmed and sadly, the first fatality was announced today.
Portugal's emergency status is the same as the one currently applied in Spain with all leisure centres and schools closed for the time being and tables limited in restaurants.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby