Valladolid and Eibar reject coronavirus testing kits
The two LaLiga clubs have returned the coronavirus testing kits and Valladolid says "there are others who should take priority" with the virus spreading.
Member of Valladolid have not taken coronavirus tests given to them by LaLiga and made them available to the more vulnerable in society.
The testing kits were given to LaLiga clubs to check for Covin-19 but David Espiner, the club's spokesman, said "It's true that LaLiga have made them available to us, but we have not carried them out due to social and medical reasons. No player has shown symptoms and we believe that there are groups of people who would benefit more from them and who need them more. They are the ones who have to be given priority."
Espiner explained how Valladolid have been acting since the coronavirus outbreak: "From the start, we were clear that we have to do out part to preserve the health of our workers and of all the people indirectly involved in the club."
The club have made psychologists and nutritionists available along with other measures during the lockdown in Spain.
Valladolid want to finish the league
"Real Valladolid are in favour of honoring the competition and finishing it, although now is too early to say if that will be possible. We want to be optimistic and think that we will be able to finish the league and that Valladolid will continue in Primera," he went on to say.
Eibar also rejected the kits made available to them by LaLiga. On Wednesday, they donated their testing kits to the public health service. They also said that none of their players had symptoms and that "there are others prioritites" according to a source.
Luis Rubiales, Spanish football's president, used the testing kits as a way to knock down his rival, LaLiga president, Javier Tebas: "It seems irresponsible to me that there are lives at risk doing this. It's seems out of place to be using these tests when there are people who need them."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment