"Barcelona tried to sign me" reveals Monaco's Ben Yedder
Ligue 1's joint top scorer, formally of Sevilla, has spoken about how the interest shown in him by LaLiga champions Barça has spurred him on.
Wissam Ben Yedder, the former Sevilla striker who now stars for Monaco and is joint top scorer in Ligue 1 with PSG’s Kylian Mbappé with 18 goals, has revealed that FC Barcelona have made a number of attempts to sign him over the past year.
Barcelona’s attempts on Ben Yedder
"I was able to go there in the winter window but, in the end, nothing happened,” the player told Onze Mundial. “And they also asked about me several times last summer.”
And, unsurprisingly, the 29-year old is proud of the interest of the LaLiga champions.
”This shows that I’m doing my job well right now. But I have always stayed professional and focused on what I am doing with Monaco. In saying that, the Barça interest can somehow spur you on."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment