"Barcelona tried to sign me" reveals Monaco's Ben Yedder
Ligue 1's joint top scorer, formally of Sevilla, has spoken about how the interest shown in him by LaLiga champions Barça has spurred him on.
Wissam Ben Yedder, the former Sevilla striker who now stars for Monaco and is joint top scorer in Ligue 1 with PSG’s Kylian Mbappé with 18 goals, has revealed that FC Barcelona have made a number of attempts to sign him over the past year.
Barcelona’s attempts on Ben Yedder
"I was able to go there in the winter window but, in the end, nothing happened,” the player told Onze Mundial. “And they also asked about me several times last summer.”
And, unsurprisingly, the 29-year old is proud of the interest of the LaLiga champions.
”This shows that I’m doing my job well right now. But I have always stayed professional and focused on what I am doing with Monaco. In saying that, the Barça interest can somehow spur you on."
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list