"Barcelona tried to sign me" reveals Monaco's Ben Yedder
Ligue 1's joint top scorer, formally of Sevilla, has spoken about how the interest shown in him by LaLiga champions Barça has spurred him on.
Wissam Ben Yedder, the former Sevilla striker who now stars for Monaco and is joint top scorer in Ligue 1 with PSG’s Kylian Mbappé with 18 goals, has revealed that FC Barcelona have made a number of attempts to sign him over the past year.
Barcelona’s attempts on Ben Yedder
"I was able to go there in the winter window but, in the end, nothing happened,” the player told Onze Mundial. “And they also asked about me several times last summer.”
And, unsurprisingly, the 29-year old is proud of the interest of the LaLiga champions.
”This shows that I’m doing my job well right now. But I have always stayed professional and focused on what I am doing with Monaco. In saying that, the Barça interest can somehow spur you on."
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez: "I was keen to find out what it means to play for Atleti"
- UEFA SUPER CUP UEFA pleased as fan-attended Super Cup runs 'smoothly'
- LALIGA Barcelona still have a squad capable of challenging – Zidane
- BARCELONA Messi's Last Dance: The records the Barcelona star can break – and what could hold him back
- Transfer market Depay in pole position for Barcelona move, Man Utd want Sancho and Telles
- BOXING McGregor claims his next fight is against Pacquiao