LaLiga FIFA 20: draw complete ahead of player tournament
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético, Sevilla, Betis, Valencia... The first team players will swap football boots for consoles as they battle each other to be crowned champion.
LaLiga Santander, like most football leagues around the world, has been postponed. The stars of Spain’s top flight have been locked down - even if some of them have chosen not to follow the guidelines - and fans are starting to have withdrawal systems. Well, maybe the show can go on, in a virtual reality at least.
FIFA 2020 LaLiga stars competition
The famous footballing video game FIFA 2020 will form part of a likely intense competition this weekend featuring a single chosen player from each of the first teams of LaLiga. This tournament follows on the back of the Seville derby last Sunday, where Sergio Reguilón and Borja Iglesias battled it out for Sevilla and Real Betis respectively. The striker came out on top in a thrilling 6-5 win for the green and whites, and scored the winning goal with his own avatar.
Now the rest of the clubs are getting involved, with the likes of Sergi Roberto and Marco Asensio (who overcame Thibaut Courtois and Dani Carvajal in a play-off) representing the league’s big two, Barcelona and Real Madrid, while the boys from Seville will be back in action.
“I just Tweeted it out without really having anything in mind,” esports commentator Ibai Llanos told Spanish paper El Pais. “There were no agreements with any businesses or clubs.
“I couldn’t believe how well it was received. Within an hour, more than half the teams had signed up. I was just hoping for maybe 12 or 14.
Participantes del torneo de LaLiga este finde: @FCBarcelona_es: Sergi Roberto @realmadrid: Marco Asensio @SevillaFC: Reguilón @RealSociedad: Januzaj @GetafeCF: Jason Remeseiro@Atleti: Marcos Llórente @valenciacf: Carlos Soler @VillarrealCF: Manu Morlanes— Ibai (@IbaiLlanos) March 18, 2020
“Footballers play FIFA much more now. And they always want to win - they have that competitive gene. They know this is going to mean a lot, and that their fans will be watching. They won’t want to lose.”
Fans, and other interested parties can follow the action on Llanos’s Twitch channel across Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and all the money raised from the streaming service will be donated to medical personnel helping the population deal with the coronavirus that has held up the leagues.
LaLiga FIFA 20 draw
The competition has seen Real Mallorca pull out, but without them the tournament draw took place for the remaining 19 clubs. This is what you can look forward to…
Hemos hecho un sorteo ante 70.000 personas en Twitch (también se estaba emitiendo en la tele) y yo estaba en pijama, con bata y hemos utilizado una olla porque no teníamos otra cosa.— Ibai (@IbaiLlanos) March 19, 2020
Leganés (Aitor Ruibal) vs Real Valladolid (Pedro Porro)
Alavés (Lucas Perez) vs Celta Vigo (Kevin Vazquez)
Espanyol (Adri Embarba) vs Eibar (Edu Exposito)
1. Osasuna (Ruben Garcia) vs Leganés or Real Valladolid
2. Sevilla (Sergio Reguilon) vs Athletic Club (Gorka Guruzeta)
3. Levante (Carlos Clerc) vs Alavés or Celta Vigo
4. Real Sociedad (Adnan Januzaj) vs Atlético Madrid (Marcos Llorente)
5. Barcelona (Sergi Roberto) vs Espanyol or Eibar
6. Getafe (Jason Remeseiro) vs Real Betis (Borja Iglesias)
7. Villarreal (Manu Morlanes) vs Valencia (Carlos Soler)
8. Granada (Jose Antonio Martinez) vs Real Madrid (Marco Asensio)
Quarter-finals and semi-finals will see the winner of the first last-16 game pitted against the winner of the next one, and so on (i.e. 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6, 7 vs 8).
If any game ends in a draw, we return to that very brief period of the Golden Goal (first player to score wins) in extra-time, but if there are no more goals, penalties will decide the tie.
YA TENEMOS LOS PARTIDOS— Ibai (@IbaiLlanos) March 19, 2020
MAÑANA A LAS 19:00 EMPEZAMOS pic.twitter.com/Dg7wobK3JB
LaLiga clubs’ FIFA 2020 tournament stars
Sergi Roberto (Barcelona), Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Sergio Reguilon (Sevilla), Adnan Januzaj (Real Sociedad), Jason (Getafe), Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid), Carlos Soler (Valencia), Manu Morlanes (Villarreal), Jose Antonio Martinez (Granada), Gorka Guruzeta (Athletic Bilbao), Ruben Garcia (Osasuna), Carlos Clerc (Levante), Lucas Perez (Alaves), Pedro Porro (Valladolid), Edu Exposito (Eibar), Kevin Vazquez (Celta Vigo), Aitor Ruibal (Leganes), Adri Embarba (Espanyol). Withdrawn: Alejandro Pozo (Mallorca).
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?