Coronavirus: Second civil guard, 38, in Spain dies due to Covid-19
Francisco Javier Collado becomes the second civil guard in the last few days to succumb to the virus after being admitted to hospital on Friday morning.
A second civil guard in his 30s has passed away in Spain due to coronavirus. Francisco Javier Collado had been affected by the virus for the last couple of days but was not admitted to hospital until Friday morning where he died just a few hours later.
The 38-year-old was the president of the Spanish association of Civil Guards in Ciudad Real.
His colleague, Pedro Alameda died in Madrid on Wednesday with no underlying illnesses, which would have that put him in the vulnerable category. The same was true of Collado, who was stationed at the Herrera de La Mancha prison.
The civil guard did not have any symptoms and did not report feeling poorly until going to hospital on Friday morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early