Coronavirus: Second civil guard, 38, in Spain dies due to Covid-19
Francisco Javier Collado becomes the second civil guard in the last few days to succumb to the virus after being admitted to hospital on Friday morning.
A second civil guard in his 30s has passed away in Spain due to coronavirus. Francisco Javier Collado had been affected by the virus for the last couple of days but was not admitted to hospital until Friday morning where he died just a few hours later.
The 38-year-old was the president of the Spanish association of Civil Guards in Ciudad Real.
His colleague, Pedro Alameda died in Madrid on Wednesday with no underlying illnesses, which would have that put him in the vulnerable category. The same was true of Collado, who was stationed at the Herrera de La Mancha prison.
The civil guard did not have any symptoms and did not report feeling poorly until going to hospital on Friday morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections