Real Madrid and Barcelona keen on Napoli's Fabian
Spain international Fabián Ruiz's contract talks with Napoli are on hold with Real Madrid and Barcelona among the suitors for the midfielder.
Fabián Ruiz is focused on Napoli but contract talks are on hold until the end of the season, according to his agent.
Fabián, 23, has been linked with numerous European giants, namely Real Madrid and Barcelona.
The Spain international is contracted until 2023 with the Serie A side, but reports have suggested he could sign a new deal.
However, his agent – Álvaro Torres – said any talks over a new contract would have to wait.
Fabián the focus of a "lot of important clubs"
"At the moment he's focused on Napoli," the player's agent said. "They've faced a lot of changes, including Carlo Ancelotti's sacking and they've had a difficult year.
"We've parked the renewal for now until the end of the season."
Fabian has made 32 appearances for Napoli this campaign, impressing to attract interest from elsewhere.
Torres said several big clubs had asked about Fabián, who he expects to become one of the world's best.
"Obviously a lot of important clubs have asked about him and his situation, and we've told Napoli," he said.
"But now Fabian has to think about Napoli and it's natural that these things happen after he was the best player at the European Under-21 Championship and he's had three good seasons.
"We all agree that he's going to be one of the big players this decade."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker
- COVID-19 NEWS How long does the Moderna vaccine last?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check 'plus-up' payment: can I claim for extra money?
- UK NEWS Prince Philip, husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, is dead at 99
- CELEBRITY NEWS DMX dies aged 50: rapper and actor suffers heart attack
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: how many Americans have already received the payments?