Coronavirus: Ex-Man Utd midfielder Fellaini tests positive
Chinese Super League club Shandong Luneng said Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini has been diagnosed with Covid-19 and is under observation.
Marouane Fellaini has tested positive for coronavirus, his club Shandong Luneng have said.
The Chinese Super League side explained that former Manchester United midfielder Fellaini does not have a fever and was not displaying any other symptoms.
Fellaini, 32, moved to China in February 2019 after five and a half years at Old Trafford.
Fellaini tests positive but temperature normal
Dear friends, I have been tested for coronavirus and my test result is positive. Thanks to the fans, medical staff and the club for their care and attention. I will follow the treatment and hope to return to the game as soon as possible. Please everyone stay safe.❤️❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/xTczNLoz1w— Marouane Fellaini (@Fellaini) March 22, 2020
A statement published on Shandong Luneng's website said: "The official test confirmed that the club player Fellaini tested positive for the new coronavirus during the quarantine observation period.
"During this period, the player's body temperature has been normal and there are no other discomforts.
"He has received further observation and treatment at a designated medical institution."
Te recomendamos en English
- Serie A Mancini: Balotelli should be playing for Italy
- Football Covid-19: Raja announce four more players have recovered
- Barcelona Camp Nou candidate Font wants Guardiola and Messi reunion
- QATAR STARS LEAGUE Xavi's Al Sadd show attacking potency with 20 goals in five games
- BARCELONA Champions League: Barcelona "could have scored eight" against Juventus
- US NEWS US elections: What's Biden's plan to deal with coronavirus?