Anger after Barcelona impede Sergi Roberto from playing FIFA 20 challenge
The charity tournament in support of UNICEF in its fight against Covid-19, organised by Spanish internet celebrity Ibai, sees players from the top flight LaLiga clubs fight it out on FIFA 20.
With the Covid-19 virus putting a halt to domestic football around the world, Spanish internet celebrity Ibai Llanos has teamed up with LaLiga Santander to create an online FIFA 20 competition with a player from each Spanish league club participating on behalf of their respective team.
The knock-out competition commenced on Saturday (March 21) with all proceeds from the donations generated during the two-day event set go to UNICEF in it's fight against Covid-19 virus.
Many fans were annoyed to see both the FC Barcelona nominated player Sergi Roberto and Mallorca's Alejandro Pozo having to withdraw from the initiative due to sponsorship complexities. Both the Catalan club and Balearic island side have sponsorship deals in place with Konami, the creators of Pro Evolution Soccer, a direct competitor to the EA Sports creators of FIFA 20 with the decision causing indignation with many comments on social media citing the unique circumstances and charity element behind Llanos' competition.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea and Manchester City ask UEFA to move Champions League final to Wembley
- ROMA VS MAN UTD Roma vs Manchester United live online: Europa League semi-final second leg
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the covid-19 restrictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- CORONAVIRUS US What percentage of vaccination is needed for herd immunity?
- WORLD NEWS Chinese rocket launch failure: what happened and what are the consequences?