New York City FC's Moralez in disbelief over positive Covid-19 case
Maxi Moralez who currently plays as a midfielder for NYCFC was in shock when he found out a person who he saw everyday tested positive for coronavirus.
New York City Football Club reported its first coronavirus case and the news shocked Maxi Moralez because it was someone he saw every day at practice and even though the illness won’t kill that person he urged everyone to take the necessary precautions to stop the virus from spreading.
The Argentine midfielder was interviewed by Olé, where he expressed how he felt when the club announced to everyone that someone from NYCFC tested positive for coronavirus but didn’t specify who.
“We were shocked with the news because if it was someone from the club it was a person I saw on a daily basis. I’m glad it was not lethal for this person and got to recover or is recovering but it is a difficult situation for everyone at this time. We don’t know who got the Covid-19 we only got notified via email,” said Moralez.
Moralez is living in the city with the highest number of coronavirus cases that have been reported in the United States. That is why NYCFC decided to quarantine everyone and suspend all practices until further notice.
Everyday the fear grows in the 'Big Apple'
New York City is reporting more cases everyday and the number is increasing rapidly. On March 18 there were 5,306 cases confirmed and by Sunday the number increased to 15 thousand in the state of NY. “Here obviously the panic increases everyday. We have been recommended to stay at our houses isolated from everyone and the people are following that recommendation. For now quarantine is not mandatory and people are going to buy food and other supplies. I am staying with my family and we are following all the necessary steps to stay healthy,” indicated Maxi Moralez.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, stimulus calculator | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what is the Californian strain; is it more dangerous and contagious?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how you might save $3,100 in taxes with the new payment?
- US News Why has Biden rescinded the Trump’s apprenticeship program?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: can the payment be approved in the House vote on Friday?
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play February: times, stream and how to watch for new PS4 & PS5 games