Chivas will not train again until further notice
Guadalajara was one of the last soccer clubs in Mexico to postpone their training due to the coronavirus pandemic that already stopped the tournament.
This was the first weekend that there was no soccer in Mexico due to the pandemic of the coronavirus and many clubs have decided to also cancel training sessions to prevent the virus from spreading.
Chivas' last training session was Wednesday morning but after that the club decided to postpone them until further notice. Now the soccer players should remain quarantined at their place of residence where they will have to keep working out to stay in shape until the Clausura 2020 starts again.
In Jalisco the authorities recommend for everyone to stay at home for at least five days starting last Friday and that was the major reason why training sessions in Verde Valle were canceled. “To all of our fans and to the media that covers Chivas on the daily basis: We want to inform you that all of Chivas' teams will remain in quarantine at their place of residence and they will follow our workout program so they can stay fit.
“Also they should follow our meal plan and we recommend everyone else to also stay at home and follow the steps given by the authorities to prevent Covid-19 from affecting us in Mexico,” read the statement from Chivas via social media.
Atlas followed Chivas' decision
The other professional team from Guadalajara, Atlas, also decided to keep all of their players isolated to prevent them from getting the coronavirus. Training sessions were also postponed until further notice and their players can’t leave the city.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?