UEFA confirm postponement of Champions & Europa League finals
UEFA confirmed that due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the men's and women's Champions League final along with the Europa League show-piece will be postponed.
Following last week's decision to postpone UEFA 2020 by 12 months to 2021, today, the European football governing body confirmed that the UEFA Women’s Champions League Final, UEFA Europa League Final and the UEFA Champions League Final are all postponed.
BREAKING: UEFA has officially postponed the Champions League final with no rescheduled date.— B/R Football (@brfootball) March 23, 2020
The Europa League and Women's Champions League finals have also been suspended. pic.twitter.com/G2bi8VATCw
"No decision has yet been made on rearranged dates. The working group, established last week as a result of the conference call among the stakeholders of European football, which was chaired by UEFA President, Aleksander Čeferin, will analyse the options available. The group has already begun its examination of the calendar. Announcements will be made in due course."
The final of the 2019/20 Champions League was set to take place at the Attaturk Stadium in Istanbul on May 30th with the Polish city of Gdansk the host venue for the Europe League final on May 27th. Three days earlier Vienna was the venue earmarked for the final of the Women's Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- WFS LIVE 'African clubs need to develop their brand before chasing profit'
- WFS LIVE 'The pandemic has prompted a wave of creativity across the sports industry'
- MARADONA Maradona's lawyer calls for investigation into medical services' "CRIMINAL IDIOCY"
- World Football Summit Eto’o: “Diego Maradona was an idol for a whole generation”
- PREMIER LEAGUE Which Premier League clubs can have fans back in stadiums?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Walmart, Costco & Target