Barcelona working towards April 27 return to training
The backroom staff consider that this date is the most realistic at present with at least two weeks needed to re-condition the first team squad after the lockdown period.
After Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez confirmed that the period of lockdown in Spain would be extended for a further fortnight, FC Barcelona have modified their tentative plans accordingly. At present all first team squad members are maintaining fitness levels from the confinement of their respective homes but fitness coaches at the Catalan club are well aware that these temporary measures are ultimately insufficient for elite athletes.
It's felt that the first team squad will require at least two weeks of conditioning upon a return to a daily training routine and at present the club are looking at April 27th as a tentative date for Setien's men to resume normal training at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper training complex.
With today's news that the Spanish FA and LaLiga have officially agreed to postpone the Spanish football league and all professional football until further notice. Barcelona will only resume to dally activity when the relevant authorities and the Spanish government consider it appropriate and with no risk to general health.
Te recomendamos en English
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS What executive orders did Joe Biden sign on his first day as President?
- US News What did Biden say about Trump's Oval Office letter?
- US News Bernie’s mittens, Ella’s diamond coat and plenty of purple: inauguration wardrobe hits
- REAL MADRID What are Zidane's worst defeats since he signed at Real Madrid?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Alcoyano