Jose Mourinho helps the elderly amid cornavirus crisis
Tottenham coach Jose Mourinho on Monday offered a helping hand for the elderly in Enfield as the Covid-19 pandemic continued to spread in the UK.
Tottenham coach Jose Mourinho was out volunteering on Monday, helping elderly people who are quarantined amid the coronavirus pandemic which is still escalating in the UK.
Mourinho doing his bit against Covid-19
Mourinho gave a helping hand to Age UK and Love Your DoorStep – a business putting local people in touch with local products and services – in Enfield, preparing food parcels and other essentials for delivery.
The Spurs boss said in a video posted on the Love Your DoorStep account: "I am here to help Age UK Enfield, Love Your DoorStep Enfield and of course you can donate food, money or be a volunteer."
UK goes into coronavirus lockdown
Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Boris Johnson later announced strict lockdown measures, warning fines will be issued to people who do not comply.
The Premier League season was last week postponed until April 30 at the earliest, but it remains to be seen when the action will resume.
Covid-19 has killed at least 16,490 people worldwide, with more than 378,390 cases of the virus confirmed.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections