Real Madrid to donate equipment to help tackle coronavirus
The initiative was confirmed by the president of the Madrid autonomous community Isabel Díaz Ayuso in a social media post.
Real Madrid are playing their role in helping tackle the Covid-19 virus after it was confirmed the club would donate healthcare material with the Spanish capital a key epicentre experiencing a high number of positive cases and fatalities as a consequence of the virus.
President of the Madrid autonomous region, Isabel Diaz Ayuso posted a message of thanks on her personal Twitter feed with Auyso herself recovering from being diagnosed as positive just last week.
"Thanks to @realmadrid for their very important contribution to tackle coronavirus and help us save lives. The president Florentino Pérez has confirmed to me that the club will make a large donation of healthcare material".
Real Madrid player to play their role
The Real Madrid first team squad remain confined in their homes but are studying measures on how they can make a financial contribution to areas in need of economic assistance in the ongoing fight against the spread of the Covid-19 virus. It was reported on Monday that specialists are advising the squad on the appropriates lines of action to take to ensure that their contributions go to areas urgently requiring financial support.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections