Boca Juniors want to sign Edinson Cavani
French newspaper, L'Equipe, have spoken about the possibility og Cavani signing with Boca Juniors in Argentina after his time at PSG.
Edinson Cavani will be one of the big names moving this summer. The Uruguayan's contract with PSG is finished in June and he does not plan on renewing. With Neymar, Mauro Icardi and Kylian Mbappé, he knows opportunities will remain limited as a starter.
It's difficult to find a striker at that level on a free and there will be plenty of teams looking to sign the 33-year-old. He was close to signing for Atlético Madrid during the winter transfer market but negotiations broke down. Now, L'Equipe say that Boca Juniors are paying close attention to the situation and could make a move for him.
The idea is to pair Cavani with Carlos Tévez and the Uruguayan could be swayed in order to be closer to home. He has said before that he would love to play in the blue and yellow of Boca Juniors at some point in his career. "Boca is a team I really like," he said. Leandro Paredes, his teammate on the national team also said Cavani would like to play for Boca one day.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump final debate live online: fact check and reactions | US Election 2020
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who is the moderator for the final presidential debate?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online
- BARCELONA Barcelona captains issue scathing letter to board