Boca Juniors want to sign Edinson Cavani
French newspaper, L'Equipe, have spoken about the possibility og Cavani signing with Boca Juniors in Argentina after his time at PSG.
Edinson Cavani will be one of the big names moving this summer. The Uruguayan's contract with PSG is finished in June and he does not plan on renewing. With Neymar, Mauro Icardi and Kylian Mbappé, he knows opportunities will remain limited as a starter.
It's difficult to find a striker at that level on a free and there will be plenty of teams looking to sign the 33-year-old. He was close to signing for Atlético Madrid during the winter transfer market but negotiations broke down. Now, L'Equipe say that Boca Juniors are paying close attention to the situation and could make a move for him.
The idea is to pair Cavani with Carlos Tévez and the Uruguayan could be swayed in order to be closer to home. He has said before that he would love to play in the blue and yellow of Boca Juniors at some point in his career. "Boca is a team I really like," he said. Leandro Paredes, his teammate on the national team also said Cavani would like to play for Boca one day.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections