Boca Juniors want to sign Edinson Cavani
French newspaper, L'Equipe, have spoken about the possibility og Cavani signing with Boca Juniors in Argentina after his time at PSG.
Edinson Cavani will be one of the big names moving this summer. The Uruguayan's contract with PSG is finished in June and he does not plan on renewing. With Neymar, Mauro Icardi and Kylian Mbappé, he knows opportunities will remain limited as a starter.
It's difficult to find a striker at that level on a free and there will be plenty of teams looking to sign the 33-year-old. He was close to signing for Atlético Madrid during the winter transfer market but negotiations broke down. Now, L'Equipe say that Boca Juniors are paying close attention to the situation and could make a move for him.
The idea is to pair Cavani with Carlos Tévez and the Uruguayan could be swayed in order to be closer to home. He has said before that he would love to play in the blue and yellow of Boca Juniors at some point in his career. "Boca is a team I really like," he said. Leandro Paredes, his teammate on the national team also said Cavani would like to play for Boca one day.
Te recomendamos en English
- European championship Zlatan Ibrahimovic back in Sweden team for World Cup qualifiers
- NBA Jazz stars Mitchell and Gobert fined by NBA after outbursts
- REAL MADRID | BENZEMA Benzema: "My life has changed..."
- NFL Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
- NBA All-Star Game Jazz's Conley earns NBA All-Star selection to replace Booker
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, Senate votation, status and IRS tax