Transfers: Barcelona reach Martínez agreement; Man Utd 'optimistic' over Pogba
As LaLiga champions Barcelona look to find a long-term replacement for Luis Suárez, reports claim they have found their man in the Inter striker.
Another day, another Lautaro Martínez rumour.
Inter star Martínez continues to dominate headlines as Barcelona reportedly circle.
Barca appear to be closing in on the Argentina international forward.
TOP STORY – BARCA MOVE CLOSER TO MARTÍNEZ
Barcelona have reached an agreement in principle with Inter forward Lautaro Martínez, according to Tuttosport.
Martínez is a player in demand amid links to Real Madrid, Manchester United and Manchester City.
But Barça are desperate to sign Martínez and the report claims the LaLiga champions have reached a deal on the contract and must now negotiate with Inter.
- ESPN reports United are "optimistic" they will have Paul Pogba at their disposal in 2020-21 as no club can afford him. The disgruntled star has been linked to former team Juventus and Madrid.
- Serie A champions Juve are keen on replacing forward Gonzalo Higuaín with City's Gabriel Jesus, says Calciomcercato.
- Barça are struggling to offload Brazilian attacker Philippe Coutinho, according to the Spanish media. Coutinho, on loan at Bayern Munich, has been linked to Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Tottenham. However, Barca have been unable to find a team willing to spend at least €80million (£73m). Another loan spell is being considered.
- Reports in the Spanish media claim Borussia Dortmund sensation Erling Haaland has become Madrid's primary transfer target, ahead of the likes of Martinez and RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner. Madrid continue to eye Paris Saint-Germain star Kylian Mbappe as his contract is due to expire in 2021, while team-mate Neymar is reportedly another option.
Manchester United are optimistic Paul Pogba will remain at the club beyond the next transfer window and doubt whether any of Europe's elite clubs can afford the midfielder, sources have told @RobDawsonESPN.— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) March 24, 2020
- Napoli will demand at least €40m for striker Arkadiusz Milik, says Calciomercato. It comes as Milan and Inter reportedly circle the Poland international, who is no closer to signing a new deal in Naples.
- Corriere dello Sport reports Zlatan Ibrahimovic is considering retirement but Milan CEO Ivan Gazidis wants the 38-year-old striker to sign a new deal.
- Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali is at the top of Juve's wish list, Tuttosport claims. Tonali is also wanted by Inter, United, City and PSG. Alternatives for Juve are Roma pair Nicolo Zaniolo and Lorenzo Pellegrini, as well as Fiorentina duo Federico Chiesa and Gaetano Castrovilli.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby