Pelé: "Messi's not a goal scorer; Cristiano is the best right now"
Pelé 'O Rei' reopened the debate between the Juventus star and Messi: "The best out of all of them is me, that's why I get compared to them all the time".
Edson Arantes do Nascimento Pelé has been recovering from his recent health problems at home and has been self-isolating to protect himself from the coronavirus pandemic which is affecting the whole planet, Brazil included. The football legend did take time out to chat to Youtube channel Pilhado and gave his thoughts on the best players in the game right now: "As things stand today, CR7 is the best player in the world, although you can't forget about Messi. I think Cristiano is more consistent and Messi isn't a goal scorer," Pelé claimed.
"Have there been players who were better than them? That's a difficult question to answer. You can't forget Zico, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo. In Europe, Beckenbauer, Cruyff... It's not my fault but I think I was better than them because they are always being compared to me," the 79-year-old added.
"There's only one Pelé"
"My father and mother closed the factory... My father was a footballer, he scored five headers in one game - a record which I never managed to beat. There is only one Pelé. Maybe because God loves me," he joked before continuing. "There was a king and in the same way, there were a few princes. But I won the the World Cup three times..."
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?