Barcelona's Braithwaite "I'm training harder in quarantine than on a normal work day"
The Barcelona striker admitted that training in self-isolation isn't such a bad thing: "I've lost weight since all of this started," he explained.
Recent Barcelona arrival Martin Braithwaite says he has taken his training regime to new levels since the squad have been ordered to work from home as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. The Danish striker is working so hard on his own, without the banter of his team mates, that he has even managed to shed a few kilos.
Braithwaite hard at work during lockdown
"Since we can't work at the club, I try to work at home, maybe even a little more intensely than during a normal week since we don't have games at the weekend. I have the feeling that I do more than on my normal day to day. When you work individually, it seems that you do more than when you work with team mates," he explained to the club's media department in a break from his daily workout.
As for following the club's nutritionist's instructions, that isn't a problem for Braithwaite as he has always been a healthy eater: "My diet is incredibly good. I am lucky that my wife cooks very well and I can eat exactly what I need. In fact, I have lost weight since this all started".
8 am start for Braithwaite, lunch with the family at 2 pm
Not having to travel to the Ciutat Esportiva for the time being means that he has more time to dedicate to the tactical side of his daily routine, as he explained, "I have had time to watch videos and study the teams. I try to do it every day. We have a spectacular coaching staff. I try to follow the team's recommendations, from Antonio, and I send him photos and videos, so that he has no doubt that I train".
The Denmark international admitted that the one thing he does miss is being able to play and that both he and the rest of the squad are anxious for competition to resume. "When this is all over, I think it will be fantastic. We will be looking forward to playing. We will be back hungry. What do I miss the most? Being on the pitch and feeling like a footballer".
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...