Man United willing to pay record fee for Jadon Sancho
Manchester United are confident of beating out the competition to secure the acquisition of Dortmund's Jadon Sancho, according to press reports in the UK.
Jadon Sancho has become one of the hottest young properties in European football over the past two seasons.
At €130 million, the 20-year-old Dortmund winger is currently the player with the highest market value born after 2000, meaning whoever wants to pry him from the hands of Borussia Dortmund will have to pay big money.
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United are among the top clubs interested in the young England international, who already has provided 17 goals and 19 assists from 36 games this season.
And according to reports in the UK, Manchester United are confident of beating out the competition to secure the acquisition of the Dortmund star.
Dortmund want €130m for Sancho
Sancho left United’s local rivals, Man City, for Dortmund in search of game time in August, 2017. And after his explosion onto the scene, the German club now have the luxury of setting an asking price of €130 million, which is 15 times higher than the €8 million they paid for him in 2017.
Several British press sources report that United are willing to meet Dortmund’s asking price, which would make Sancho the most expensive singing in the club’s history – a title currently held by Paul Pogba, for whom United paid Juventus €105 million in 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win