Real Madrid: Odegaard gets fans excited about Haaland link-up
The Norwegian youngsters representing Real Sociedad and Borussia Dortmund respectively have been seen as potential teammates for Los Blancos next season.
Martin Odegaard has left a subtle message on his Instagram account, but one that caught the attention of Real Madrid fans. By liking a post of a photograph of Erling Haaland and him dressed in the famous white shirt, the talk quickly turned to the countrymen lining up together at the Santiago Bernabéu next season.
Odegaard to Haaland...goal!
The young Norwegian on loan at Real Sociedad has lit up Spanish football this season and is in line to return to the capital in the summer, as and when Madrid requires. There have been suggestions of a verbal agreement between the Liga clubs to extend the loan period for another year, but his rapid recent development is expected to see ZInedine Zidane not waste any of that talent by delaying further, with the 21-year old’s future looking exciting.
Haaland, meanwhile, burst onto the scene in a different way, bagging goal after goal at Salzburg and then continuing that in the Bundesliga for Borussia Dortmund. His Champions League goal stats have been record breaking and, as with any hot youngster, he has become a firm, and viable target for Los Blancos. And his father thinks Spain is a good choice too.
With a release clause of 75 million euros, and goals a major issue presently for Madrid, it could be a perfect match. Odegaard as the creator, Haaland as the finisher…and for years to come.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US Election 2020: How can I get absentee ballot to vote?
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez swaps Barcelona for LaLiga rivals Atlético Madrid
- BARCELONA Sergiño Dest is the second most expensive American transfer in history
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool keen on signing 17-year-old sensation Gio Reyna
- FOOTBALL Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney make Wrexham bid