Coronavirus: Mbappé makes donation amid Covid-19 crisis
The Abbe Pierre Foundation has confirmed Kylian Mbappé has made a large donation to assist their cause amid the coronavirus crisis.
Kylian Mbappé has made a generous donation to the Paris-based charity Abbe Pierre Foundation as France continues to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
Ligue 1, along with the vast majority of other sporting competitions, has been put on hold amid the crisis, with over 27,000 confirmed deaths worldwide.
Over 30,000 coronavirus cases registered in France
France has 33,414 confirmed cases of the illness and, in a bid to assist the work of the Abbe Pierre Foundation, Paris Saint-Germain and France star Mbappé has donated a large sum to the charity.
"Concerned about the consequences of the serious health crisis which strikes our country, but also of all the consequences which it can generate on the most fragile people, Kylian Mbappé has just made a very large donation to support the work of the Abbe Pierre Foundation," the charity said in a statement.
"His generosity will make it possible in particular to implement first aid actions: access to water and hygiene for people in very precarious situations, access to food and shelter for homeless people.
#FRATERNITÉ #SOLIDARITÉ— FondationAbbéPierre (@Abbe_Pierre) March 27, 2020
Du talent et du cœur, @KMbappe soutient la Fondation @Abbe_Pierre. Merci à lui pour sa générosité et son attention en direction des personnes en grande précarité.
"The Foundation sends its most sincere thanks to Kylian Mbappé for his generosity and his attention towards people in great precariousness."
The charity did not confirm how much Mbappé had donated.
Mbappé follows Cristiano, Messi in donating to battle against Covid-19
Earlier this week, it was reported Cristiano Ronaldo and his agent Jorge Mendes had donated a large sum to three intensive care units for coronavirus patients at hospitals in Portugal, while a hospital in Barcelona announced Lionel Messi had pledged money to support them during the crisis.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment