Ceferin says UEFA have a Plan A, B and C to finish seasons
The UEFA president says there are three dates they have in mind to restart the leagues but he also warns that nobody knows when the pandemic will end.
The president of UEFA has spoken to Italian publication, La Repubblica, about the football season and has mentioned a number of possible scenarios they are working on with the coronavirus having brought a halt to every league in Europe.
Many football associations are still committed to finishing their league season with just a handful of games to be played.
"Nobody knows when this pandemic will end," he said. "There is a plan A, B and C.We can start in May, in June or the end of June. If we can't do it on any of those three dates then the season probably won't finish."
"There is also the possibility to finish the season at the start of next season, with next season starting a little late," he said. "It would have to work with respect to the players and the signing periods."
The president of the football federation also say there would have to be changes made to the international calendar and said that it's "difficult to imagine games without fans" but he did leave the door open to that possibility.
"I can't imagine the European cup finals behind closed doors," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Club América retain second place after victory against Tigres UANL
- Real Madrid 2-1 Barcelona Real Madrid: Benzema matches Cristiano Ronaldo scoring run
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA El Clásico: "Mendy fouled Braithwaite, it's a penalty" - Iturralde
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA Piqué confronts Gil Manzano, Modric ticks him off: "You've been waiting just to have a go at the ref"
- BARCELONA Barcelona still optimistic about title hopes despite Real Madrid defeat, says Koeman
- COVID-19 VACCINATION Publix Vaccine: how to sign up and get an appointment