Ceferin says UEFA have a Plan A, B and C to finish seasons
The UEFA president says there are three dates they have in mind to restart the leagues but he also warns that nobody knows when the pandemic will end.
The president of UEFA has spoken to Italian publication, La Repubblica, about the football season and has mentioned a number of possible scenarios they are working on with the coronavirus having brought a halt to every league in Europe.
Many football associations are still committed to finishing their league season with just a handful of games to be played.
"Nobody knows when this pandemic will end," he said. "There is a plan A, B and C.We can start in May, in June or the end of June. If we can't do it on any of those three dates then the season probably won't finish."
"There is also the possibility to finish the season at the start of next season, with next season starting a little late," he said. "It would have to work with respect to the players and the signing periods."
The president of the football federation also say there would have to be changes made to the international calendar and said that it's "difficult to imagine games without fans" but he did leave the door open to that possibility.
"I can't imagine the European cup finals behind closed doors," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online