Ter Stegen: "People laugh when I tell them I don't know anything about football"
The Barcelona keeper said during an interview with El País that he rarely watches the game: "Sometimes people ask me what a player's name is and I've got no idea."
Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen gave an interview with Spanish daily El País in which the Germany international rather surpringly admitted that he hardly watches football and by his own admission doesn't really know much about the game he plays for a living beyond Camp Nou.
"People laugh when I tell them I don't know anything football. I don't really watch much football, other than games that look good or when I've got a personal interest because someone I know is playing. Sometimes people ask me what a player's name is and I've got no idea," the 27-year-old said.
Ter Stegen: "Names escape me"
"Sometimes, in LaLiga for example, names escape me. I don't know what opposition players are called. But afterwards, when they show me the videos, I realize that I know perfectly who is who. I remember more how they move on the pitch, how they shoot or how they slip their markers than what a player's name is. It's a bit weird, but it happens when we're analyzing opposition teams."
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online