Ter Stegen: "People laugh when I tell them I don't know anything about football"
The Barcelona keeper said during an interview with El País that he rarely watches the game: "Sometimes people ask me what a player's name is and I've got no idea."
Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen gave an interview with Spanish daily El País in which the Germany international rather surpringly admitted that he hardly watches football and by his own admission doesn't really know much about the game he plays for a living beyond Camp Nou.
"People laugh when I tell them I don't know anything football. I don't really watch much football, other than games that look good or when I've got a personal interest because someone I know is playing. Sometimes people ask me what a player's name is and I've got no idea," the 27-year-old said.
Ter Stegen: "Names escape me"
"Sometimes, in LaLiga for example, names escape me. I don't know what opposition players are called. But afterwards, when they show me the videos, I realize that I know perfectly who is who. I remember more how they move on the pitch, how they shoot or how they slip their markers than what a player's name is. It's a bit weird, but it happens when we're analyzing opposition teams."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment