Real Madrid tracking Sao Paulo's "new Kaká" Igor Gomes
The 21-year-old midfielder has been scouted by Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla and has drawn comparisons to the former Brazil international.
Real Madrid appear set to continue with their recent policy of snapping up the best young talent in Brazil after adding Vinicius, Rodrygo and Reinier to the squad over the past two years by making a move for Igor Gomes, an attacking midfielder with São Paulo who been likened to Kaká.
The 21-year-old has been under the watchful eye of Madrid's South American scouting network but he has a €50m minimum release clause in his contract and has not gone unnoticed by Madrid's LaLiga rivals Barcelona and Sevilla, with Ajax also keen admirers of the Brazil under-20 international.
Gomes has been called an "improved version of Kaká" in the Brazilian press and he has already made 44 senior apperances for São Paulo, scoring five times.
Kaká: "He reminds me a lot of myself in terms of his style of play"
Real Madrid have yet to make a formal move for Gomes but if they decide to it will be a facilitated by long-time Bernabéo collaborator Wagner Ribeiro, who was responsible for bringing Robinho to the Spanish capital and who has acted as a go-between for Los Blancos and Neymar and his representatives previously.
"It's not good to make comparisons, it puts too much pressure on him," Kaká said recently. "But yes, it's true that he reminds me a lot of myself in terms of his style of play."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Mexico to battle for bronze in Olympic softball
- OLYMPIC GAMES What the USWNT needs to advance to the quarter-finals at Tokyo 2020
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GOLF Who is in the USA golf team at the Tokyo Olympics 2021?