Real Madrid tracking Sao Paulo's "new Kaká" Igor Gomes
The 21-year-old midfielder has been scouted by Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla and has drawn comparisons to the former Brazil international.
Real Madrid appear set to continue with their recent policy of snapping up the best young talent in Brazil after adding Vinicius, Rodrygo and Reinier to the squad over the past two years by making a move for Igor Gomes, an attacking midfielder with São Paulo who been likened to Kaká.
The 21-year-old has been under the watchful eye of Madrid's South American scouting network but he has a €50m minimum release clause in his contract and has not gone unnoticed by Madrid's LaLiga rivals Barcelona and Sevilla, with Ajax also keen admirers of the Brazil under-20 international.
Gomes has been called an "improved version of Kaká" in the Brazilian press and he has already made 44 senior apperances for São Paulo, scoring five times.
Kaká: "He reminds me a lot of myself in terms of his style of play"
Real Madrid have yet to make a formal move for Gomes but if they decide to it will be a facilitated by long-time Bernabéo collaborator Wagner Ribeiro, who was responsible for bringing Robinho to the Spanish capital and who has acted as a go-between for Los Blancos and Neymar and his representatives previously.
"It's not good to make comparisons, it puts too much pressure on him," Kaká said recently. "But yes, it's true that he reminds me a lot of myself in terms of his style of play."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx