Coronavirus: Non-essential activities which will stop in Spain until 9 April
The Spanish government have decided that all work which is not considered essential for the country to continue running will stop temporarily as from tomorrow.
The temporary freezing of all non-essential labour which was approved by Spain's government this weekend will affect several sectors of the country's industry. More details of the measure will specified when the official bulletin is released over the next two days but one area which will not be affected is that which concerns people working from their own homes, as Minister of Labour and Social Ecomony Yolanda Díaz stated: “All employees who are continuing their day to day work from home will be be able to carry on working”. However, there are other sectors which haven't been affected by the measures ordered under the state of emergency who now will have to stop work until 9 April.
That includes sectors such as the car industry, construction and in general, businesses whose activities are not directly related to healthcare, food supply, State security, media and communication, refuse collection/management and public transport. The new measures are aimed at all areas of industry which is not categorised as essential to the running of the country.
Uncertainty and a lack of clarity in some professions
Still yet to be defined are the status of banks, gardeners, professional cleaners in private communities as well as tax management agents, home delivery services such as Amazon… A number of professional services which have been running as normal since the lockdown was enforced on 14 March. However, it is still far from clear which work can continue as before and which can't.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Butragueño: "Everyone knows what Zidane means to us"
- SCOTLAND Rafa Benítez linked to Celtic job, on his return to Europe
- OLYMPIC GAMES Rapinoe: "I'd be 'devastated if the Tokyo Olympics are cancelled"
- UFC Khabib tells Dana White: "I'm so many levels above these guys"
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor hits back at critical Khabib after Poirier loss
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, who will get and when to expect it