Ex-team mate recalls when Cuauhtémoc Blanco carried $10,000 cash to restaurant
An ex-teammate of Cuauhtémoc Blanco has recounted when the former Chicago Fire player bizarrely pulled out $10,000 in cash at at a restuarant.
Cuauhtémoc Blanco is regarded as one of the most legendary footballers in Mexico because of his natural talent, his titles with Club América, his time with the national team and also because of his antics off the pitch. Currently he is the governor of Morelos and one of his former teammates has revealed an interesting story from their time together at Chicago Fire.
In an article published by The Athletic, Blanco's former team mate, whose name was not revealed, recalled a time when all of the team went to eat at a restaurant. When the bill came, Cuauhtémoc opened his wallet and had at least $10,000 in cash because he didn’t like using credit cards.
According to the article, Cuauhtémoc, who played for Chicago Fire from 2007 to 2009, asked for the VIP section but was told he and his team mates could not sit there because someone else had already reserved it. So then Cuauhtémoc showed the host his wallet full of money and they gave them the best table available.
“Cuauhtémoc pulled out his wallet and I have never seen so much money in cash before. I am sure it was at least $10,000 maybe even more, so I asked him why he carried around so much cash and he said it was because only poor people have credit cards.”
Blanco’s stats in MLS
Blanco played 62 regular season games in MLS, scoring 16 goals and giving 26 assists. His talent and charisma made him a hit with Chicago Fire fans, as well as fans from other clubs.
In 2009 he left Chicago Fire and signed with Veracruz, from where he was called up to the national team. After that he played for Irapuato, Dorados, Lobos and Puebla before retiring and later starting his political career.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?