LaLiga could resume behind closed doors in July
The chief of one of LaLiga's broadcast partners Jaume Roures (head of Mediapro) speaking on COPE Radio said the season could resume in July.
aLiga could return behind closed doors in July, according to Mediapro chief executive Jaume Roures.
The league has been postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic, which has led to more than 8,400 deaths in Spain and more than 42,100 globally.
Roures, the chief of one of LaLiga's broadcast partners, hopes it is back underway in July.
"I hope football returns in July and I say July because, among other things, everyone's health must be guaranteed," he told Cadena COPE on Tuesday. "It will return without an audience, surely, but before that they have to do a pre-season. After so long at home, they can't go out and play as if nothing happened."
Jaume Roures, CEO of Spanish TV rights holder on radio just now saying he hopes season can be completed in July & August behind closed doors. Makes idea of a June return for Premier League seem even more fanciful— Kieran Canning (@KieranCanning) March 31, 2020
While Roures believes it could resume in July, he warned a positive test for COVID-19 from a player after that would see the campaign ended.
"If once LaLiga resumes a player tests positive for coronavirus, they will have to throw in the towel and say goodbye to the season," he said.
Live coverage of the coronavirus crisis
You can follow the latest news on the coronavirus pandemic with our daily live blog.
The complete lowdown on Covid-19
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news