Meunier: "I didn't injure Hazard, he made contact with me"
Thomas Meunier says he did not injure Eden Hazard and that the Real Madrid player made contact with him, says he never doubted his return for Euros.
Thomas Meunier says he did not injurt Eden Hazard when the Belgian teammates clashed back on November ruling the latter out for a number of months with an ankle injury. The Real Madrid attacker has never recovered from the ankle injury and accepts that "my first season at Madrid has been bad" but says he will be judged on his second season at the club.
Hazard has missed significant time with injury in his maiden season at the Bernabéu. The 29-year-old recently underwent surgery in Dallas after he re-injured his ankleafter returning briefly to the field for Zinedine Zidane's side.
"I didn't injure Hazard," Meunier said on his Instagram stories. "He injured himself after making contact with me. It's a nuance!"
"I never want to do damage," he continued. "Least of all to Hazard."
Hazard is out for a number of months as he recovers from his most recent ankle injury. He has been one of the players to benefit from the lack of football during the coronavirus. He will also get the chance to play in the Euros as it has been postponed until the summer of 2021. "I never had any doubts that he would play the Euros. It was really early, in December. At the start it was two weeks, later two months, after that he re-injured himself. But at no moment did I doubt it. If the Euros was on this year, he would have been there."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news