Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 2 April
Updates on the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases, deaths and discharged patients, both in India and worldwide.
This article is now out of date. You can follow India's coronavirus figures for Friday 3 April here.
Confirmed India coronavirus cases
As of 11:30 IST (08:00 CEST) on Friday 3 April, there had been 2,567 confirmed coronavirus cases and 72 deaths in India, where a 21-day lockdown has been in force since last week. 192 people in the country have recovered after contracting Covid-19.
Worldwide real-time coronavirus map
Click here if the map doesn't automatically appear. (Map created and hosted by Johns Hopkins University Whiting School of Engineering, our thanks to them.)
Worldwide coronavirus cases
The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide at the above time stood at 1,016,041. In total, 53,160 people have died from Covid-19, while 211,775 have recovered from the disease.
India's lockdown has also seen a dramatic decrease in pollution. The country's 1.3 billion people have been told to stay at home and has resulted in "much lower levels of harmful microscopic particulate matter known as PM 2.5, and of nitrogen dioxide, which is released by vehicles and power plants."
Live coverage of the coronavirus crisis
You can keep up-to-date with the developments in the coronavirus pandemic by following our daily live blog.
The complete lowdown on Covid-19
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment