Kaka chooses 'genius' Messi over ex-teammate Ronaldo
Former Real Madrid star Kaka was asked about Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Kaka labelled Barcelona forward Lionel Messi a "genius" as he picked the Argentine superstar over Juventus' Cristiano Ronaldo.
Messi – winner of a record six Ballons d'Or – and Ronaldo are regarded as two of the greatest ever players, with debate often centred on who stands alone atop the all-time list.
Kaka played alongside Ronaldo at Real Madrid, but the 2007 Ballon d'Or winner selected Messi as his preferred choice.
Kaka on Ronaldo and Messi
"I played with Cristiano and he's really amazing, but I'll go with Messi," Kaka said when asked who he would pick out of Messi or Ronaldo during an Instagram Live Q&A for FIFA's channel.
"He's a genius, a pure talent. The way he plays is incredible."
But on five-time Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo, Kaka added: "Cristiano is a machine. It's not just the way he's strong, powerful and fast; he's strong mentally.
"He always wants to win and play. To be the best. For me, that's the most incredible thing he has.
"In the history of sport, they [Messi and Cristiano] are definitely in the top five. We are very lucky to have been able to see both of them."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus How much has unemployment gap widened between black and white people?
- Lampard praises 'fantastic' Pulisic after Chelsea star scores again
- SERIE A AC Milan 4-2 Juventus: Sarri bemoans "total blackout"
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus