Barcelona: PSG star Kurzawa on Camp Nou radar to challenge Jordi Alba
Barcelona are reportedly interested in signing France international left back Layvin Kurzawa, having apparently decided that Júnior Firpo is not up to the task.
Barcelona are planning a move for PSG and France international left back Layvin Kurzawa this summer as competition for Jordi Alba, an apparent indication that Júnior Firpo's days at Camp Nou are numbered.
Firpo was signed from Betis last summer for €18m with another €12m in add-ons but has failed to impress at Barça despite a series of injuries to Jordi Alba giving the full back plenty of opportunities to stake his claim to the left of the Barça back four. That has led the Camp Nou board to look elsewhere and they have alighted on 27-year-old Kurzawa, who is out of contract at the Parc des Princes this summer and yet to agree to an extended contract in Paris.
Arsenal and Napoli also keen on Kurzawa
Kurzawa has been capped 13 times for France and while he is not exactly a long-term replacement option for the 31-year-old Alba, Barça have apparently decided to try and cash in on Firpo while they still have the chance. Inter Milan have made in inquiry about the Dominican Republic-born Spain under-21 international, and the player has reportedly given the green light to the operation, but Catalan daily Sport states that Barça may have missed a trick on Kurzawa with both Arsenal and Napoli also vying for his signature.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports,
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Opening ceremony at Tokyo Olympics 2021: performing artists, times, TV, stream and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OlYMPIC GAMES Why is the UK called Great Britain in the Olympics? What's the difference?
- OLYMPIC GAMES 2021 What are the 2021 Tokyo Olympics mascots? What are their meanings?