Coronavirus: Fiorentina trio in the clear after overcoming virus
Some encouraging news from Italy - Fiorntina's Patrick Cutrone, German Pezzella and Dusan Vlahovic are clear of coronavirus after returning negative tests.
Fiorentina's Patrick Cutrone, Germán Pezzella and Dusan Vlahovic have all been cleared of the Covid-19 virus, the Italian club announced on Sunday. Vlahovic was the Viola's first confirmed positive case of coronavirus, with the striker revealing in an Instagram post that his fever at one stage reached 39 degrees. Fellow forward Cutrone and defender Pezzella also contracted the virus, though all three are "no longer positive" following tests, Fiorentina revealed.
Fiorentina trio in the clear after new coronavirus test
"Fiorentina is delighted to announce that tests have revealed that Patrick Cutrone, Germán Pezzella and Dusan Vlahovic are no longer positive for COVID-19," the club announced in a statement. "We would like to take this opportunity to thank the doctors, nurses and hospitals that are continuing to care for all those who require medical attention at this difficult time for Italy and indeed the whole world."
Italy has been hit particularly hard during the global health pandemic - as of today, 15,887 lives have been lost in the country. In response to the outbreak, Fiorentina set up a 'Forza e Cuore' fundraiser that reached the initial target of €500,000 inside three days, with the money used to help buy key materials and equipment.
"Fiorentina is working with the Careggi and Santa Maria Nuova ONLUS foundations through its Forza e Cuore campaign, which has so far raised in excess of €760,000," the Viola announced. "The money has been used to purchase key materials and equipment for use in the fight against the pandemic."
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?