Coronvirus: Ligue 1 Stade Reims doctor commits suicide
Bernard Gonzalez, the medic at the French first division club, was found dead at his house on Sunday after contracting Covid-19 and left a letter for his wife.
More tragic news related to the coronavirus crisis has emerged out of French football as Bernard González, a doctor at Ligue 1 club Stade Reims, was found dead at home on Sunday after committing suicide.
Reims doctor takes own life
The medic had been infected with Covid-19 for a number of days and had been in quarantine along with his wife. Arnaud Robinet, the mayor of the city, confirmed the news that was reported by French paper Le Parisien. Although Stade Reims have not yet issued a statement about it, they are expected to do so in the coming hours.
The mayor reported the suicide of the 60-year old to the city authorities on Sunday afternoon.
"He was a committed and very humane man. He was a true reflection of his family, charming and likeable. I know he left a note explaining the reasons for his actions, but I do not know what he has said,” Robinet told Le Parisien.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light