Coronvirus: Ligue 1 Stade Reims doctor commits suicide
Bernard Gonzalez, the medic at the French first division club, was found dead at his house on Sunday after contracting Covid-19 and left a letter for his wife.
More tragic news related to the coronavirus crisis has emerged out of French football as Bernard González, a doctor at Ligue 1 club Stade Reims, was found dead at home on Sunday after committing suicide.
Reims doctor takes own life
The medic had been infected with Covid-19 for a number of days and had been in quarantine along with his wife. Arnaud Robinet, the mayor of the city, confirmed the news that was reported by French paper Le Parisien. Although Stade Reims have not yet issued a statement about it, they are expected to do so in the coming hours.
The mayor reported the suicide of the 60-year old to the city authorities on Sunday afternoon.
"He was a committed and very humane man. He was a true reflection of his family, charming and likeable. I know he left a note explaining the reasons for his actions, but I do not know what he has said,” Robinet told Le Parisien.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford