Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
Boris Johnson has been moved to ICU after he was hospitalised yesterday in London due to persistent coronavirus symptoms.
British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, has been moved to intensive care on Monday evening at London's St. Thomas’ Hospital, No.10 Downing Street has confirmed.
Johnson had been diagnosed with coronavirus ten days ago and was admitted to hospital on Sunday due to persistent symptoms.
On Sunday, Downing Street had stated that the decision to hospitalise the prime minister was taken as a “precautionary step”. However the Tory leader’s condition has worsened over the course of this Monday, prompting medical staff to move him to St Thomas’ intensive care unit.
The prime minister is understood to be conscious, according to reports by the BBC.
This is an incredibly serious situation for the British prime Minister. Boris Johnson's condition with #coronavirus at St Thomas's Hospital has dramatically worsened in the last few hours & he was moved into intensive care at 7pm.— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) April 6, 2020
Fight hard Boris - we're all rooting for you. pic.twitter.com/60HVDOsOMX
Downing Street issues latest statment on Boris Johnson
In its latest statement on Monday evening, Downing Street said: “Since Sunday evening, the Prime Minister has been under the care of doctors at St Thomas’ Hospital, in London, after being admitted with persistent symptoms of coronavirus.
“Over the course of this afternoon, the condition of the Prime Minister has worsened and, on the advice of his medical team, he has been moved to the Intensive Care Unit at the hospital.
“The PM has asked Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who is the First Secretary of State, to deputise for him where necessary.
“The PM is receiving excellent care, and thanks all NHS staff for their hard work and dedication.”
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?