Coronavirus: US death toll surpasses 10,000
More than 10,000 people have now died from Covid-19 in the United States as the coronavirus crisis worsens in the country.
The United States has reported more cases of coronavirus than any other country in the world, with nearly 350,000 people having tested positive. More than 10,000 have now died as the pandemic enters its most crucial phase.
Italy has reported the most coronavirus-related deaths with 16,523, followed by Spain in second with 13,055 and the US in third. The worst-hit region in the United States has been New York, where Governor Andrew Cuomo confirmed on Monday that there had been more than 13,000 cases and 4,758 deaths in the state. Health experts have warned that Covid-19 figures are still far from reaching their peak in the country.
The US crossed the 10,000 mark days after President Donald Trump warned that the country would face the toughest 10 days of the outbreak, with many more lives lost.
Nine U.S. states now have more than 10,000 coronavirus cases:
- New York: 130,689
- New Jersey: 37,505
- Michigan: 15,718
- California: 15,201
- Louisiana: 13,010
- Massachusetts: 12,500
- Florida: 12,350
- Pennsylvania: 11,643
- Illinois: 11,260
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?