Tottenham legend Jimmy Greaves admitted to hospital
Tottenham confirmed last night that club legend Jimmy Greaves, who has be suffering ill health, has been admitted to hospital and that the club is in contact with his family.
Legendary Tottenham and England player Jimmy Greaves has been taken to hospital, the Premier League club confirmed on Tuesday. Spurs issued a statement late last night to confirm the 80-year-old has been admitted and that they are in contact with his family.
We can confirm that our record goalscorer Jimmy Greaves is currently being treated in hospital. We are in touch with his family and will provide further updates in due course.— Tottenham Hotspur (at ) (@SpursOfficial) April 7, 2020
Everybody at the Club sends their best wishes to Jimmy and his family. pic.twitter.com/tDneZxDc3m
Spurs statement on Jimmy Greaves
"We can confirm that our record goalscorer Jimmy Greaves is currently being treated in hospital," the club said. "We are in touch with his family and will provide further updates in due course. Everybody at the club sends their best wishes to Jimmy and his family."
We're sending our thoughts and best wishes to former Blue Jimmy Greaves who is receiving treatment in hospital.— Chelsea FC - #StayHomeSaveLives (@ChelseaFC) April 8, 2020
Get well soon, Jimmy. We're all with you. 💙 pic.twitter.com/ZZMwhTca0t
Greaves' former club Chelsea sends get well soon wishes
Greaves scored a record 266 goals for Spurs between 1961 and 1970 and netted 44 times in 57 appearances for England. His total of 357 goals in England's top flight is the highest figure in the competition's history. He started out at Chelsea in 1957, making 157 appearances for the Blues and scoring 124 goals.
Greaves suffered a stroke in 2015 that left him severely disabled, although his son Danny insisted in February that he remained "in good spirits".
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?