Liverpool baulk at Adama Traoré's €80M price tag - 4 times his price at Barcelona
The Daily Mail reports that Liverpool want to sign the winger but Wolves want 80 million euros for the player, who was valed at 18 million by Barcelona...
Adama Traoré's career could take a 180-degree turn in the coming months following reports in The Daily Mail that Liverpool are interested in signing the player. Th Spanish winger has been superb for Wolves this season, scoring four and setting up another seven in the Premier League and his blistering performances have earned him a host of admirers -including Jürgen Klopp.
Wolves slap high price tag on Adama
However, one stumbling block could be the price which Wolves have valued the 24-year-old - 80 million euros. That is a distant cry from the 18 million euros which Barcelona had the player down as worth. For Liverpool, that is simply too much to pay for a player - especially in the current climate, with clubs begin forced to tighten their purse strings as a result of the Covid-19 crisis. Most clubs are negotiating with players to lower their high wage demands as the game faces a financial haircut.
Despite defeat, we finished the final game of the year with great work by the whole team. We have to learn from it and continue to improve. pic.twitter.com/y0dNV25xBo— Adama Traoré Diarra (@AdamaTrd37) December 29, 2019
Traoré is considered one of the star players at Wolves and he was one of the club's most expensive signings when he joined on a 20 million euro transfer from Barcelona in August 2018. He is a first choice under coach Nuno Espírito Santo, he knows the Premier League inside out with five years' of experience under his belt in England - including the time he spent at Aston Villa and Middlesbrough. His return to Barcelona two years ago didn't work out and he returned to the Midlands, where he has flourished at Wolves.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, IRS tax refund, House vote | Live
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: are current vaccines effective against the Californian strain?
- Coronavirus Can unemployed Americans who refuse a job apply for unemployment benefits?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: how many votes are needed to pass the relief bill?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check calculator: how much could you receive?
- US POLITICS Will Mitch McConnell support Trump's possible candidacy in 2024?