Messi calls two reports about him 'fake news' on Instagram
The Argentine denied that he wants to go to Inter Milan and also said that he did not pat Ronaldinho's bail after the former Barça player left jail.
Lionel Messi has taken to Instagram to deny to reports about him in recent weeks. The Barcelona player rejected an Argentinian report about him wanting to join Inter Milan. Messi also denied the report that he had paid Ronaldinho's bail after the Brazilian left jail recently.
The 32-year-old is not used to speaking in public about rumours. On this occasion, however, he felt compelled to do so. The first report has been circulating for a number of days and seems to be based on the fact that Messi has not renewed his contract with Barcelona. He has declared time and again his desire to stay at Barcelona and seems to have done so again on Instagram rejecting the most recent rumour.
"I have said it many times," he told Mundo Deportivo earlier this year. "My idea is to continue here as long as the club and the people want that, for my part there will never be a problem." The crisis Barcelona have been plunged into has caused some concern over his contract negotiations.
Messi also denied another report by the Argentinian publication about his return to Newell's.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?