Six Barcelona directors resign with immediate effect
Six Barcelona directors have handed in their resignation and say the club is facing challanges in the future that they are not ready for with current leadership.
Barcelona's board have been hit with another six resignations. Emili Rousaud and Enrique Tombas, the two vice-presidents questioned by Josep Maria Bartomeu, have handed in their resignations letter along with directors Silvio Elias, Maria Teixidor, Josep Pont and secretary of the board Jordi Clasamiglia.
The motive for the resignation are because of poor management of the crisis at Barcelona and the issue regarding social media accounts and the future after coronavirus.
The resignation letter is as follows:
"We would like to communicate that the directors signed below have informed President Bartomeu of our decision to irrevocably resign our positions at the club.
"We have reached this point and see no way to reverse the ways business is managed at the club ahead of important challanges in the future and especially post-pandemic.
"We want to stress our disappoint over the unfortunate incident with social media accounts, known as ‘Barçagate’ in the press.
We ask that once the current audit is carried out by PwC we want to ensure the accountability will be handed to those it corresponds to.
Lastly, although it's the least important thing, we want to thank the directors and express our gratitude to our colleagues on the board who have dedicated their energy and strength to the good of Fútbol Club Barcelona. We would like to thank the executives and the employes of the club for your support and excellent work during this time. It has been our pleasure to serve out beloved Barça.
A big salute to all,
VISCA EL BARÇA
Emili Rousaud i Parés, Enric Tombas i Navarro, Maria Teixidor i Jufresa,
Silvio Elías i Marimón, Josep Pont i Amenós, Jordi Calsamiglia i Blancafort”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener