Upamecano pushes for summer Real Madrid move
Real Madrid are in pole position to secure the services of the 21-year-old this summer with his agent also representing German midfielder Toni Kroos.
Real Madrid first team coach Zinedine Zidane has singled out RB Leipzig's Dayot Upamecano as a key summer target. The French defender is out of contract with the Bundesliga side in 2021 and according to sources has been pushing to leave Lepizig following the overtures from the LaLiga side.
Upamecano fits the bill perfectly for Madrid's future plans, fulfilling the desire from the Spanish club to inject fresh blood into an ageing squad. The French defender's agent already represents the interests of Toni Kroos which is added bonus in any potential negotiation process. His current salary with the German outfit is approximately two million euro per season and with a renewal with Leipzig looking unlikely, the Bundesliga side will be anxious to sell rather than see the player exit on a free transfer come June 30 (2021).
Leipzig lining up Upamecano replacement
With an Upamecano summer exit looming, RB Leipzig head coach Markus Krösche along with sporting director Ralf Rangnick have two players in mind to replace the 21-year-old: Malang Sarr (Nice) and PSG promise Tanguy Kouassi.
Were he to move to Real Madrid, Upamecano would join a growing list of Frenchmen and French speakers in Zidane’s squad, with Varane, Ferland Mendy, Karim Benzema, Thibaut Courtois and Eden Hazard already at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check update: US coronavirus relief bill
- UFC UFC 254: Emotional Khabib announces retirement after beating Gaethje
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry