Liverpool: Marko Grujic hoping his future will be settled soon
Having not played a Premier League game for Liverpool in over two years, loanee midfielder Marko Grujic admits he needs to consider his future at Anfield.
Marko Grujic will be discussing his future with Liverpool this summer and openly admits that it is difficult to make the breakthrough at Anfield. The Serbian midfielder, who turns 24 next week, is currently on his second season-long loan spell with Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin. Prior to that, he spent time with Cardiff City in the Championship and it has been over two years since he made a Premier League appearance for the Reds. Grujic is under contract until 2023 but his lack of first-team opportunities under Jürgen Klopp means he knows he must consider his next step carefully.
Grujic waiting for his chance with Liverpool
"I hope that [talks] will happen in the next few months," he told The Athletic. "I'm sure we will sit down and discuss what is best for the club and what is best for me. I'm not a youngster any more. At the age of 24, I'm at the stage when I need to be making important steps in my career. I need to think and I need to be clever about what happens next. Is the best thing to stay in Liverpool and wait for a chance or is it time to have another loan or move to another club? At the moment, I don't know the answer. Everything is still open. The Bundesliga is a good league and over the past two years I’ve gained a lot of important experience and I feel like I’ve improved as a player."
Klopp typically operates with a three-man midfield and is blessed with plenty of options in that area, including Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnadlum, Naby Keita, Fabinho, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and James Milner.
"That challenge is so big," Grujic added. "Those boys have performed so well this season, which I'm happy about. There are a lot of quality midfielders at Liverpool. It's honestly hard to get a chance."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?