Lautaro Martínez is a perfect fit for Barcelona says Pizzi
Juan Antonio Pizzi spoke about Lautaro Martinez, who continues to be linked with a move to Barcelona as they look for a Luis Suàrez replacement.
Inter star Lautaro Martinez would be the "ideal striker" for LaLiga champions Barcelona, according to Juan Antonio Pizzi.
Martinez has reportedly emerged as Barca's top transfer target, with the Spanish giants keen to sign a long-term replacement for veteran forward Suarez.
Barca's LaLiga rivals Real Madrid are also reportedly interested, while Premier League powerhouses Manchester United and Manchester City have both been linked.
Former Barca striker Pizzi – who also spent time in charge of Chile and Saudi Arabia – backed the 22-year-old Argentina international for a transfer to Camp Nou.
"Lautaro Martinez more than Kun [Sergio] Aguero is the prototype of the new forward that would fit Barca," Argentina-born ex-Spain international Pizzi told EFE.
"He already proved what he can do with Argentina, with Racing and Inter. He seems the ideal striker for the way Barcelona play their football.
"Even in one of the toughest leagues in the world, in Italy, he has still been able to play at a very high level."
Martinez swapped Racing Club for Inter in 2018 and he has quickly established himself as one of the most sought-after forwards in European football.
He has scored 25 goals in total since joining Inter from Racing Club in Argentina.
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live