Paul Pogba: "I've been frustrated for a long time now"
The Manchester United midfielder told the club's official podcast that his injury ravaged season has proven to him how much love he still has for the game.
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, who has been linked with a summer move to Real Madrid, has admitted that he has bee frustrated by his injury problems this season, which have restricted him to just eight appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side, and said that he is desperate to get back to playing when the coronavirus pandemic has eased sufficiently to allow the Premier League to resume.
I'm already training and touching the ball, Pogba told Manchester United's official UTD podcast in an interview that will be broadcast on Monday. “I've been frustrated, a long time ago. Now I'm almost there, so I'm just thinking about getting back and training fully with the team and everything. You think bad but I've never had something like this in my career, so I always take it in a good way. It makes me more hungry to come back and do well. And, yeah, it just shows me as well how much I love football.
Pogba underwent surgery after suffering foot and ankle injuries earlier this season and further complications meant that he has not played since the 4-1 victory over Newcastle in December.
Keep up to date with all the latest on the Covid-19 pandemic with our live blog
Pogba: "Hopefully I'll be back soon"
So I had a foot injury, which came in the game against Southampton. It was early this season and so I carried this for a long time, training and trying to be playing with it. After I stopped, I found I had a fracture.
"I had a cast on it, a plaster-cast, so it went very well but too well. The bone got bigger and so, when I came back again, I played those two games against Watford and Newcastle, I could feel something again. So I had to have an operation and now here I am. I don’t feel anything and, hopefully, I’ll be back very soon," Pogba said.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?