Erling Haaland's future not at Real Madrid, Bild reports
The German daily has refuted speculation that Real Madrid are poised to pay the Norwegian striker's buy-out clause. The player isn't thinking of leaving Dortmund.
In Germany, the general consensus is that Erling Haaland won't be moving from Borussia Dortmund any time soon. German daily Bild has vehemently rejected speculation about a 75 million euro buy-out clause which will be triggered this summer if Real Madrid make a serious move for the player. "It's false information ," the paper explained in its online version today, adding that any such clause would not come into effect before the summer of 2021. Bild goes on to explain that should BVB change their minds about Haaland and decide to put him on the market, the asking price would be much higher than that believed to be in his buy-out clause.
Haaland keen to stay in Dortmund
And on top of that, according to Bild, Haaland, who is under contract until 2024 is not contemplating a move away from Dortmund during the next transfer window. Borussia Dortmund only signed the player relatively recently, paying Red Bull Salzburg 20 million euros for him back in December - so maybe he isn't interested in another move and more upheaval. Haaland's close circle are also convinced that the Bundesliga is the perfect place for him to develop. "I feel at home." Erling said. His objective is to play in the Premier League one day - as Bild note in their article, which they end with an ominous line for madridistas: "Tough times for Madrid fans".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category