Setién dreams of showing off Champions League to the cows
Barça manager Quique Setién spoke to Spanish television and said that he has been telling his players of his desires, and his plan to extend his contract.
From within his own period of confinement, just like the rest of Spain, arises Quique Setién with dreams of silverware… and cows.
Barcelona trophies for Setién’s cows
During an interview with Spanish channel TV3 on Wednesday, via video link, the Barcelona manager said that he has been imagining himself winning the Champions League and celebrating it in the Cantabrian pastures of Liencres.
“I have been telling the player that I’m in a hurry, that I have no time to lose, and that I would like to win the Champions League and LaLiga.
“If it can be both, better. And of course I have dreamed of walking around Liencres with the cows while holding up the Champions League trophy and showing it to them."
Setién has a contract with the Catalan giants until 2021, which is extendable until 2022, and is confident of fulfilling his commitment to Barça, and more.
“I have signed for a fixed year and a half, another one conditional, and I hope to fulfill that and then renew it."
Barcelona to win by playing
And Setién was also clear about how he would like Barça to be confirmed LaLiga champions or, more precisely, how he would not like it to transpire.
"What I would like to do is play and be champions by playing - that is obvious. But the situation is as it is.
“I don't know if it’s worth it [finishing LaLiga with the positions as they are]. I'm not going to feel like a champion if I have two more points [than Real Madrid] now. If we have ro end the season now then end it, bit if we play then it’s great as it will allow us the chance to maintain our advantage at the top.
“But all this football is incidental. This is a difficult situation and what worries me is finding a solution to the [Covid-19] crisis as soon as possible. So that we can go out and hug all the older people. The rest is superfluous and I don't give it too much importance."
Te recomendamos en English
- Bundesliga Jadon Sancho sets Bundesliga assist record in Arminia win
- FOOTBALL Transfer news round-up: Liverpool eyeing Gerard return as Klopp exit looms
- BOXING Canelo finishes Yildirim in three rounds to retain world titles
- NBA Mavs snap Nets' eight-game winning streak, Embiid scores 42 but 76ers lose in OT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT 2021 Will I be able to apply for a third stimulus check and $3000 child tax credit?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | How much, who qualifies, Child tax credit | Live