"Bale is the most underrated player in the past 20 years"
Former Wales international Robbie Savage lauded the Real Madrid striker and ranked him higher than the likes of club greats such as Zidane, Figo or Ronaldo.
With 39 international caps for Wales to his name, Robbie Savage called time on his playing career in 2011 then playing with Derby County. in 2008, UK newspaper the Daily Mail claimed that Savage was one of the 'dirtiest players ever in the Premier League' owing to the quantity of cards the midfielder accrued during his top flight playing time.
“Gareth Bale is the most underrated player in the past two decades”, claimed Savage as part of an online Q&A with Goal.com.
He's scored 105 goals in all competitions, 13 trophies, three goals in Champions League finals, including the spectacular overhead kick against Liverpool. He's also got one in a penalty shootout.
"Compare that to the great Zinedine Zidane, 49 goals, six trophies - that worldie against Bayer Leverkusen, his only goal in a Champions League final - but it was a worldie. "Luis Figo, 56 goals, seven trophies and then the great Ronaldo, 104 goals and three trophies. "So Gareth Bale has got more goals and more trophies than those three.
"So, for me, Gareth Bale has to be the most underappreciated player at any club, by the fans in the last 20 years.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news